GIMDx, located in San Diego’s north county, is a start-up bio-medical company, based on an international public company, now focusing on diagnostics R&D and business development. Our success is a product of our employees’ dedication, innovation and expertise in biology and chemistry. Everyone in the company is held to the highest standards of quality, honesty and ethics.
We have immediate interest in talented and committed research scientists and associates with working knowledge of the PCR, qPCR, microarrays, sequencing/NGS, immunoassays, flow cytometry and human disease. GIMDx offers an excellent compensation package that includes competitive salary, retirement plan, FSA, and medical/dental insurances.
If you are interested in being team player in a company dedicated to improving the health of others, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Senior Research Associate – San Diego
Requisition Date: 06/30/15
Requisition Number: M010615
GIMDx, Inc. (http://gimdx.com/) is a San Diego North County startup biotechnology company focused on developing, commercializing and distributing diagnostic technologies, platforms and products. As a diagnostics division of Guangzhou Improve Medical, we are committed to improving the health of underserved populations. Our products for clinical, immunological and molecular testing include point-of-care platforms for doctors’ offices and rural clinics as well as high-throughput, automated platforms for centralized, clinical laboratory settings. In order to be successful, we have an ongoing interest in talented and committed research scientists and associates with working knowledge of the PCR, qPCR, microarrays, sequencing/NGS, immunoassays, flow cytometry and human disease.
At this time, GIMDx is seeking a highly motivated, full time, laboratory-based Senior Research Associate to be responsible for executing scientific research and development molecular biology projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Execute reliable and accurate experimental work
- Write reports and present results
- Work efficiently to meet agreed upon deliverables and timelines
- Manage ongoing experiments
- Behave professionally, ethically and morally
- Interact professionally and respectfully with others
- Manage resources (time, materials, equipment) responsibly
In order to fulfill the duties and responsibilities, the successful candidate should have a minimum of the following basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Understand basic scientific methodology
- Be scientifically observant
- Have a technical and experimental background
- Work efficiently and carefully
- Be self-motivated to work and take responsibility for work
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Flexibility to adapt to new corporate needs as they arise
- Capable with standard office and laboratory software and equipment
- Positive and supportive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
Education and Experience
Successful candidates with qualifications necessary for this position will typically have the following background:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or related area
- A minimum of 2 years of laboratory experience
- Experience with DNA and RNA sample preparation, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, microarrays or sequencing/NGS
- Experience handling human biological samples
- Experience with laboratory equipment and automation a plus
- Experience with cytology techniques a plus
- Knowledge of biomarkers and human disease a plus
- Bioinformatic skills a plus
- Experience with design control and regulatory submissions (FDA, CFDA, CE) a plus
- Clinical experience a plus
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop products that will help raise the quality of health care in underserved communities, please electronically forward your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant skills and experience. Include the position title and requisition number on the subject line of your e-mail. GIMDx offers an excellent compensation package that includes competitive salary, retirement plan, FSA, and medical/dental insurances. No relocation reimbursement is offered for this position.
（Position is closed)Senior Principal Scientist – San Diego
（Position is closed)Associate Scientist – San Diego
（Position is closed)
More openings are coming up, please stay tuned.